Monday, November 18, 2013

MC #7: Ambivalent Fantasy

I almost left two drinks prior. I didn’t even bother putting on a dress. Funny how that works. I saw you from across our happy hour. You were wearing a really nice suit. Like I was really impressed. The shoes, the tie, the belt ...the form just mesmerized me. I caught your eye a few times. You seemed ...distracted? At a loss? Depressed? ...lonely?

You drank two old fashioneds in solitary confinement ...not even staring at your smart phone. Just existing. It looked so freeing as my friends continued to drag me into the monotonous conversations and remarks about work, work, and play. I saw this vision of a version of myself that could be with you. Fantasy morphed into stupidity and that is what gave me true happiness. I am now incarcerated by your love within my own fantasies.

I hope you saw me. I hope you recognize me. I hope you go again. Frontier. Do it. I’ll be there. Gazing and studying you again from afar.


***

(to respond email missedconnections@gmail.com)
(feel free to use the comments below for general comments, etc.)

(How to Interact) (see first blog post for more details)
1. A Missed Connection is posted on this blog.
2. Reply to the post via email with the intention of either 1) assisting the character-author in his/her search, 2) determining if you are the subject of his/her search, 3) general commentary about his/her post or search, 4) anything else you deem possible.
3. Receive a personalized response from the character. You may choose to continue the conversation. You may be the person he/she is searching for. The possibilities at this point are unknown and uncharted.
4. Responses and personalized conversations are posted on the blog at the discretion of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment